For private investor — Become the owner of a workers’ dormitory
For private investor — Become the owner of a workers’ dormitory, rental home or an apartment in the Eastern Europe
The minimum investment we take is EUR 100,000 with 9 years of commitment.
Investing in workers accommodation with services allows you to benefit from the status of commercial real estate investor, in addition, investing in peace of mind thanks to the management by the DormEast team of specialized professionals.
Dormitories nearby the employers
In our worker residences, several types of housing are offered accommodating between 2 and 4 people. These type of dormitories make it possible to make a low cost investment, often with high returns.
We work with number of partners specialized in real estate investing and construction in Central and Eastern Europe, which help us to find and develop workers’ residences with high potential:
- Next to the industrial parks and large manufacturing sites,
- Close to public transport,
- Close to the shops and supermarkets
Due to their convenient location, these residences respond to a high need for workers housing, in the areas where labor demand is high. This makes housing easy to rent and allows investors to benefit from an attractive investment.
Purchasing one of our worker housing units allows you to make the most of your assets without the constraints of rental management since you sign a commercial lease with DormEast which then will be your tenant and pays you the rents for the entire duration of the lease.
Our acquisition strategy
DormEast‘s is very flexible in relation to the optimal use of provided areas and can easily adapt on varying surface dimensions. We could consider:
- Existing buildings that have conversion potential
- Greenfield developments with existing zoning plans
- Brownfield developments with scope for refurbishment
Our dormitories have following target parameters
- Number of units for workers: from 75 to 150 rooms/apartments with 300-600 beds
- Preferred gross floor area 3000 to 6000 sqm
- Public areas 500–700 m 2
- Room area Double/Triple ~ 16 m2
- Room area 4 beds room ~ 20 m2
- Room area 6 beds room~ 24 m2
- Double/Triple room 45–50%
- 4 beds room 40%
- 6 beds room 5–10%
- Construction permits: building projects acceptance according to stipulations of zoning plan
- Good access to public transportation links
- Vicinity to everyday commodities: stores/services
Deal structure check list
If you have a property for us to consider please send us the following details.
- Exact postal address
- Plot size
- Gross floor area (GFA) above-ground and underground
- Floor area ratio/Site occupancy index
- Purchase price
- Area designation (residential/commercial/industrial)
- Type of transaction (asset or share deal)
- Building permit or preliminary building permit available?
- Any monumental/historical protection?
- Current use/condition at delivery (site, core&shell, turnkey, etc.)
- Are you the owner/exclusively mandated by the owner?
Please, also include the following details in your offer:
- Floor plan
- Sq m constructed area
- Other specific characteristics
- Realization horizon
- Amount of bicycle stands
- Electromobility facilities (charging stations)
- May the roof surfaces be used?
Requirements for new projects
Investment conditions / Lease possibilities:
— The property is only offered for sale. In such case, DormEast will look for an investor / buyer
— The property is offered for lease:
- a) Ready to use building — DormEast will rent the property for fixed amount per assignable square meter a month for a converted dormitory, according to our specifications. We will invest in facilities & furniture.
- b) Building conversion is required — DormEast will rent the property for fixed amount per assignable square meter a month and takes a reconstruction loan between € 500 -800 per square meter (depending on the property and investment sharing between the owner and DormEast) and converts the object to a dormitory.
-. Take-over of operational dormitory: ·DormEast will rent the property for a fixed price per assignable square meter a month, depending on the state and location. All lease agreements will be adjusted according the ECB infation-index. During the conversion and preopening period we will only pay the utility cost. During the lease contract we will pay all utility cost directly to the local public utilities (insurance, energy, water, security etc)